[Arm-netbook] CedarXWrapper - A library for tracing the cedarx library

Piyush Verma piyush.pv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 03:25:55 BST 2012

Dear Lian,

Thanks It's a great initiative.

If we need to understand userspace and kernel interaction then I believer
https://github.com/amery/allwinner-a10-video will be a batter start.

Here they have very well documented Video playback process which very thin
library.

I believe this will be much faster we first make it working and the trace
other libs there.

CedarXPlayerTest is a huge program with lots of other feature like Contener
format parsing Codec Call Audio Video syncing.

How ever if the objective is to make full functional player then we have
two option.

One the way your are going.

Other we use a10-video + ffmpeg + FFPlay (with Pathch).

Where code will be more crystal clear.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 3:14 AM, Iain Bullard <iain.bullard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Recently I've been working on understanding how the CedarX decoder
> chip works in order to write an open source library for running the
> video decoder chip found in Allwinner A10 devices.
>
> To do this I've written a library which is effectively libsegfault
> from the DRI reverse engineering project
> (http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ReverseEngineering) for arm devices,
> which could be used in other projects to understand how user land
> drivers operate (or actually, anything which is reading and writing to
> mmaped memory).  The memory tracing is generic and not specific to
> Allwinner devices or the CedarX decoder chip.
>
> Just to be super clear: this is not an open decoder for Allwinner A10
> devices just a step towards one.
>
> My next step is to start analysing the data from the tracing library
> and see where it takes me.
>
> More information and the source code to the tracing library can be found
> here:
> https://github.com/iainb/CedarXWrapper
>
> A sample player (taken from the original Mele Ubuntu image) can be found
> here:
> https://github.com/iainb/CedarXPlayerTest
>
> And sample output from tracing can be found here:
> https://github.com/iainb/CedarXWrapper/downloads
>
> Iain.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Verma