[Arm-netbook] OpenVG Lib for A10

Piyush Verma piyush.pv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 02:17:47 BST 2012

> The original stock driver, should consists of several kernel modules
> (the ones with the .ko extension) and a set of shared objects.

Right I believe there is two module mali.ko ump.ko

> The
> interesting library for you is named as libMali.so to which you can link
> with just by supplying -lMali switch to the compiler driver. There might
> be others too, these might contain different subsets of the
> functionality.  To check what is being exposed in the library that looks
> interesting you can just do 'nm -D libMali.so' and grep for vg prefixed
> symbols.

Right Same as Kernel moudle mali and uml there is mali and ump .so for user
space.
Those ko just provide basic system call and some util. On top of that
libGLES2 is implemented because if all call is in libMali there is no need
of libGLES2.
So I believe there will be other implementation simile to libGLES2
libOpenVG.so which will  will have openvg symbols which wil be implemented
on top of libMali.so .

> In the extreme case you could just do the search in a loop in
> the /usr/lib the same away as you would do for a single one. Once you
> find the right library, you can include the headers from Khronos, in
> your C or C++ program, and see if that works.

I believe there is no symbol available in user space library as we
discussed early.

> There is still some usual
> glue needed (like we normally have for gl: glx & glut or even Cairo
> etc.) for the X window system, so hacking that should be perhaps the
> most difficult part, but once you've done that I think you are ready to
> use the vg API.

There is predefined lib & api called libEGL which is available for A10.

> I admit I'm curious how it will go, so if you can post your findings
> here it would very useful for other people here.

The all process you suggest is like reverse engineering.
If there is situation of reverse engineering I would like to go with "lima"
a initiative of open-source Mali lib.

> To be honest I've never played in any production environment with the
> drivers. Especially each distro can ship slightly different libraries,
> but I think in principle this should compile and work well for you.
>
> Hope that helps,
> --
> Wojciech Meyer
> http://danmey.org