[Arm-netbook] Editing Files on the Mele A1000/2000

Jaroslaw Niec zuljin at go2.pl
Mon Aug 13 17:41:05 BST 2012

> I need to edit some files including the *init* and *ueventd*,  camera,cfg and a few other files on the Mele A1000/2000. Could someone help with how to do that?. I installed a copy of Jack Palevich's Android Terminal emulator, and I could NOT use any of the editing commands on the box. I was assuming that the Mele A1000/2000 was already rooted?
>
> How do you obtain root access to these Mele boxes and what editors have been known to work? I cannot get adb access either through any of the 3 USB ports

You can access mele using adb through network (wifi or ethernet). Mele already has root access and additionally has busybox with vi, so you can edit everything in place.
If you want to edit something on /system partition then you need to remount partition with read-write first.

Something like that should work:

# adb connect <ip of mele>:5555
# adb shell
# su
# mount
# mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/nandd /system
# busybox vi /system/etc/camera.cfg
# mount -o ro,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/nandd /system

Jarek