[Arm-netbook] Booting A10 Tablet from sdcard

Frank Zambrini fzambrini at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 15:18:49 BST 2012

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 10:38:30 +0600
Roman Mamedov <rm at romanrm.ru> wrote:

> Oh and yes, AFAIK you must also have the .bin file that enables the
> LCD output, i.e. if your .bin is targeted at the Mele A1000/A2000 or
> the MK802 it may have the LCD configuration disabled.
>
> You can convert back and forth between .bin and human-readable .fex
> format using the fexc tool from https://github.com/amery/sunxi-tools
>
> Here is some documentation for the varios settings in .fex:
> http://www.henriknordstrom.net/code/A10/doc/Crane_Fex_Guide%20v0.4%20%EF%BC%88EN).pdf

Wow thanks for the info. That will make things a a lot easier to
understand.

I made some progress yesterday. I got my wireless network set up and
used ssh to log in and install xorg. I still couldn't get the lcd to
turn on so I dumped the original script.bin and the one from the debian
image and compared them. I ended up changing a few lines and was able
to get the lcd to turn on:

screen0_output_type = 3 TO screen0_output_type = 1
lcd_pwm_pol = 0 TO lcd_pwm_pol = 1
tvout_used = 1 TO tvout_used = 0

Now when I run startx, I get a console and a cursor :)

I also enabled the touchscreen parameters in script.bin and loaded the
ft5x_ts module. Unfortunately its still unresponsive. I will have to
look through the source to see if I can figure out whats going on.