[Arm-netbook] Booting A10 Tablet from sdcard

Frank Zambrini fzambrini at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:18:36 BST 2012

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 11:34:29 +0700
cnxsoft <cnxsoft at cnx-software.com> wrote:

> There's no rootfs in the nightly image, so you need to download one
> somewhere? If you don't use rootfs,  I doubt the required modules are
> loaded at boot time.

The images that I downloaded have a rootfs. It has the directories
a10-bin-backup, etc, lib, and usr. It also has mali.ko, lcd.ko and
various other modules.

But anyway..... I am making progress.

I downloaded the debian wheezy files from here:
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/a10_image/
and made a bootable mmc card.

I tried booting it but still got a blank screen. However after
checking /var/log, I could see that the os was indeed booting up. From
what I can see in dmesg and syslog, it looks like everything is working
good, i.e. no catastrophic failures. I'm going to try to set
up /etc/network/interfaces to connect to my wireless network so I can
ssh in.

Strangely, it boots up using the evb.bin from the image but not with
the one from my boot partition. Maybe that was my problem all along.

I'm curious as to why the lcd is not turning on. The image contains all
of the modules that the default Android rom does. Is there a setting in
script.bin/evb.bin to let the kernel turn it on or off?