[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

Barry Kauler bkauler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 10:53:01 BST 2012

Guys,
I haven't read through all of this thread (there are 91 posts!) so
excuse me if my comments have already been discussed...

I did see some posts about 10 inch screens have very high resolutions
these days, driven by the tablet market, and 11-12 inch screens being
less-available.

However, from a saleability point of view, a "netbook size" product
should go for the biggest possible screen, with thin bezel.

That would be a 11-12 inch screen. The product would be distinguished
from all the 10 inch predecessors, it would be more attractive to
buyers. The thinnest possible bezel is noticed by the discerning buyer
who is looking for biggest screen in most-portable product.

Also, "old eyes" (like mine) are happier with a bigger screen. Even if
technically I would be able to see a 10 inch screen with the same
number of pixels, just as well, by perhaps being just a tad closer, my
prejudice is that I want the bigger screen.

Just some random thoughts, thought I would contribute!

Regards,
Barry Kauler