[Arm-netbook] A13 schematic

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Apr 30 12:50:42 BST 2012

mån 2012-04-30 klockan 11:10 +0100 skrev lkcl luke:

>  if however as henrik mentions there happens to be one of these
> "written offers" in the box then of course you can contact the people
> on the "written offer" but i am not entirely certain if the "chain"
> above applies in that case.

The method of redistribution with a copy of a written offer received
form someone else is very limited. This only applies to non-commercial
transactions (arguably including private after-market sales of used
equipment).

>  overall it is just generally easier for everyone if someone in the
> "chain" releases the source code publicly.

100% agreed.

My standpoint is that the easiest GPL compliance path is 'a' (bundled)
implemented as

a) In physical shipping, include a CD with copy of source.

b) In online distribution (upgrades etc) provide sources for each
release from the same location you provide binaries.

This complies with GPL (well, not 100% GPLv2 due to lack of online
provisions, but..), and allows you to avoid the 3 years clause.

Regards
Henrik