[Arm-netbook] Video Decoder library license

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 01:12:10 BST 2012

2012/4/22 Tom Cubie <mr.hipboi at gmail.com>:

> 在 2012年4月21日星期六,Carlos Balseiro 写道:
>
>> So, we have some code in github for the video decoder, but no license is
>> specified. Tom, can you give us some light about it? It will be interesting
>> to know if it is licensed with something compatible with XBMC.
>

> Hi, I think there's no license of it. It's free to use.

 ok, copyright law doesn't work that way: it has to be explicitly
stated.  i.e. there has to be a license file saying "this code is free
to use", and there has to be a copyright notice at the top of each
page.

 otherwise, what happens is that anyone who wants to use the code
*must* track down and explicitly request from the copyright holder
permission to use the code.

 this would get excruciatingly painful and also costly... for allwinner.

 allwinner _need_ to get this sorted, in other words.