[Arm-netbook] Request SD card image

Paul Kench paulkench at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 20:08:50 BST 2012

--
Sent from my Nokia N900

----- Original message -----
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Barry Kauler <bkauler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Tom,
> > What is the root password for the Ubuntu Lucid SD image that you
> > uploaded?
>
>   barry! edit the boot params, add "init=/bin/sh" and change it yourself
> :)
>
>   l.
or edit the /etc/shadow file on the sd card and paste in a known hash.

Anyone know if the network is supposed to work? My interface comes up (says so in syslog) and then a second later the light goes out on the switch port, and syslog says link not ready.

I am deeply suspicious of network manager, could it be to blame?