[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Notification from Dropbox

Barry Kauler bkauler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 12:01:24 BST 2012

>> Weird. How big is the actual file? I would expect a reasonably
>> minimalistic rootfs to compress down to < 150MB, which I wouldn't expect
>> to get noticed.
>
> it's a dd image of a 4GB SD card

It works! I just plugged in the SD card, turned on the Mele, and there it was.

Um, but I can't login. Tom, what is the "Ubuntu System User" (root) password?

I conducted an experiment, I did the "dd if=/dev/zero of=dummyfile"
thing on both of the partitions, then made another image. using lzma,
with default compression-level (6), the size of the file is 931MB -- a
considerable reduction.

That is too big for me to upload though. If someone else can go
through that exercise and create a small image (or do the alternative
tarball or whatever) that would be great.
Otherwise, I can go to a friend's place with faster upload speed, and upload it.

Regards,
Barry Kauler