[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Notification from Dropbox

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 05:09:58 BST 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 17:06, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
>> Weird. How big is the actual file? I would expect a reasonably
>> minimalistic rootfs to compress down to < 150MB, which I wouldn't expect
>> to get noticed.
>
> it's a dd image of a 4GB SD card

 did you clean the filesystem before doing the compress?

 if not, can i recommend that you either do a tar -cvzf of its
contents or perhaps make a fresh 4gb empty partition and then cpio the
files from one to the other, to minimise the amount of the disk image
that will have garbage on it?

 then upload the result to the incoming directory on ftp.lkcl.net.
i'll work out where to host it from there.