[Arm-netbook] http://sunlike.en.alibaba.com/product/540853869-209760584/10_2_BOXCHIP_1_2GHz_google_android_4_0_netbook.html

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Apr 17 12:55:05 BST 2012

On 04/17/2012 12:48 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Tom Cubie<mr.hipboi at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Aha, cnx-soft has reported it.
>> http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/04/16/sunlike-umpc-1021-85-usd-allwinner-a10-based-10-2-android-4-0-netbook/
>>
>> I have contacted them. they haven't started massive production, still
>> debugging the camera.
>
>   tom, hi,
>
>   when you next speak with them could you kindly pass on my contact
> details to them?  if they're prepared to a) put on a 1280x768 LCD b)
> convert the product to EOMA-68 then i may have some business for them.
>
>   the reason for the 1280x768 LCD is because the difference between 600
> and 768 is a whopping 28% extra pixels, vs a cost increase of only
> something like $5.  the useability increase is enormous.

Why not go the full hog and go up to 1366x768 instead? The only problem
is that the 1024x600 and 1280x720 panels are directly interchangeable in
terms of physical size. The only 1366x768 panel I have been able to find
is both thicker and has a bigger foot print than the lower res panels.

If only 16:10 was an option, that would mean the 1920x1200 panel going
into the Asus Transformer Prime HD would also fit...

Gordan