[Arm-netbook] RedSleeve - New ARM Linux Distro

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Fri Apr 13 10:11:26 BST 2012

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:18:01 +0100, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
> cnxsoft wrote:
> It is also not even clear that 12.04 is hard-float - both list kernels
> as armv7l, rather than armv7hl.

perhaps I've not been paying attention closely enough, but it seems like
an odd choice to me to use Ubuntu in preference to Debian for this sort
of thing --- is my perception that Ubuntu has a much narrower focus (and
hence less interest in portability) wrong?

Cheers, Phil.

P.S. I'm a debian developer, so of course I'm biased, but unless there's
some Ubuntu-ness that you particularly want, going via Ubuntu seems
likely to simply slow development down by adding an extra step between
you and upstream.