[Arm-netbook] ICS build? Kernel 3.x ?

Akash akash87 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 04:56:58 BST 2012

On Apr 10, 2012 6:29 AM, "Tom Cubie" <mr.hipboi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Akash <akash87 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,I downloaded allwinner-linux 3.0 branch from amery in github. i
changed the cross compile path to the appropriate location in
sun4i_crane.sh file. Running

>> buil.sh -p sun4i_crane gives me an error in the build_standby function,
saying there is no make target for 'all'
(lichee/arch/arm/mach-sun4i/pm/standby inside this folder)

>> I tried "making" it manually and it still gave me an error, from the
root of the kernel.

>> Jus wanted to find out, did anyone ever try compiling it? And if so, did
it compile successfully? With/without the shell script

>> I'm stuck with a small problem and im wondering if anyone might be able
to solve it.

>> I've built ics aosp source code with the allwinner device files and
system core provided by sztupy. I managed to build it successfully and now
i have the system.img and the other output files that usual building spits
out. But in order to make it successfully compatible with allwinner a10
board, they say i have to run mkfs.sh script, but this REQUIRES a
kernel/compiled kernel files as you might know.
>> 1. Which of your kernels can i use to compile successfully? ( i would be
greatful if anyone can provide the bImage(compiled kernel) :) )

> You can use this kernel if you want to run android.
> https://github.com/allwinner/linux-2.6.36.git
Does ICS run on this kernel?

>> 2. The tools provided by sztupy which will help disintegrate the
firmware image, Is it possible to use those files that have been extracted
back into the input for reconstructing it? If so how?

> Where is the tool?
The a10 kitchen tools...i can post the link if you want me to
If you can get a kernel from an android ics image, you can use it in your
ics build. In ics, the
> nandb is the boot.img partition, which contains kernel and rootfs.
ooh thanks, and how do i get the recovery.img and root.img?

>> 3. Ultimately i want to replace only the system.img in the final image,
is there a straight forward way to do that?

> Try fastboot.
Fastboot does not even recognize the damn device :p