[Arm-netbook] amery kernel 3.0 error

Akash akash87 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 20:25:33 BST 2012

lol...so basically at the end of all of this, by disabling more and more
modules i'm not even going to be in a position where i can use the kernel
successfully and actually have a tablet that atleast DISPLAYS stuff? :/

damn.

All i wanted to do was port some nfc drivers into ics! I've stumbled into
such a deep well that its jus going deeper! :/

naasty :/

Tx

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:

> Hi Akash,
>
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 20:59, Akash <akash87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > arch/arm/mm/built-in.o: In function `build_mem_type_table':
> > /media/natty/home/gaara/ICS/lichee/arch/arm/mm/mmu.c:456: undefined
> > reference to `early_write_ok'
> > make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
>
> the commit causing that trouble will be reverted soon from that branch
> (after some tests) as it has already been reverted from the 3.3 branch
> where it came from.
>
> in the mean time you can use this patch http://dpaste.com/729167/ or
> enable CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK/
>

> > As i was encountering certain errors with the HDMI sound and so is the
> CEDAR
> > driver. I am wondering what is causing this error. If its not an
> essential
> > module that is causing, if someone can tell me which module to unset in
> the
> > .config to avoid this error i'd do it right away.
>
> the video and sound drivers in that tree are indeed broken waiting
> until someone takes the time to adapt them to the new v4l2 and dai
> APIs, There was someone going to do so during his hotel-evenings at
> abu dhabi these weeks. in the mean time you can disable them to get
> the build finished and enjoy a serial console to your preferred rootfs
> on uSD ;-)
>
> disabling CONFIG_VIDEO_CSI_SUN4I, CONFIG_VIDEO_SUN4I_CEDAR and
> CONFIG_SND_SOC should do the trick for now.

Adrenaline Junkie