[Arm-netbook] amery kernel 3.0 error

Akash akash87 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:59:03 BST 2012

$ make
scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
make[1]: `include/generated/mach-types.h' is up to date.
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
  CHK     include/generated/compile.h
  GZIP    kernel/config_data.gz
  IKCFG   kernel/config_data.h
  CC      kernel/configs.o
  LD      kernel/built-in.o
  LD      vmlinux.o
  MODPOST vmlinux.o
WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x38698): Section mismatch in reference from the
variable sw_codec_driver to the function .init.text:sw_codec_probe()
The variable sw_codec_driver references
the function __init sw_codec_probe()
If the reference is valid then annotate the
variable with __init* or __refdata (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
*_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console

  GEN     .version
  CHK     include/generated/compile.h
  UPD     include/generated/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
arch/arm/mm/built-in.o: In function `build_mem_type_table':
/media/natty/home/gaara/ICS/lichee/arch/arm/mm/mmu.c:456: undefined
reference to `early_write_ok'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

As i was encountering certain errors with the HDMI sound and so is the
CEDAR driver. I am wondering what is causing this error. If its not an
essential module that is causing, if someone can tell me which module to
unset in the .config to avoid this error i'd do it right away.

Thanks

--
Adrenaline Junkie