[Arm-netbook] Framebuffer support - Mele A1000

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:23:48 BST 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM, cnxsoft <cnxsoft at cnx-software.com> wrote:

> In the instructions (and .config), I can see the display drivers are built
> as modules

 yes this will be a complete epic fail if trying to use as the startup
console device.

> copy A10 display kernel module to rootfs disp.ko, lcd.ko, hdmi.ko copy to
> lib/module/xxxx/
>
> This could be the reason the framebuffer console does not work.
> I've built a kernel with fb console and display driver built in the kernel.
> Changes in the config:
>
> Device Drivers -> Graphics support -> Console display driver support ->
>
> [*] Framebuffer Console support
>
> Device Drivers -> Graphics support ->
> [*] HDMI Driver Support (sun4i)
> [*] DISP Driver Support (sun4i)
> [*] LCD Driver Support (sun4i)
>
> I haven't received the hardware yet, so If somebody wants to try, the kernel
> image (zImage) can be downloaded at
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45842273/zImage_A10_fbconsole

 please add instructions to the wiki page so that people can choose
the options themselves.  if you can identify (grep) which options have
to be modified in the .config that would be useful: people can
double-check those or edit them manually rather than going through
some GUI tool.