[Arm-netbook] UART

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 02:30:42 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Baybal Ni <nikulinpi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  someone argh i wish i had a better memory for names... someone
>> suggested one of the TI ECs a couple weeks back.  TI's pricing puts me
>> off, despite the good support.
>
> Stellaris ?

 yep that was the one.  ok, just checked it - $5 minimum for a 3000
series, which is the only ones where USB begins to be an option.

 even the 64-pin $3.50 (USA / EU prices) STM32F103RBT6 which the
leafpad guys are using has USB.

 so, sorry - stellaris is way out, ah well :)

 TI's pricing is always high except on some very specific mass-volume
competitive components like the 74 series and, bizarrely, the other
low-cost part i've been able to find is the SN75LVDS83b
RGB/TTL-to-LVDS converter.