[Arm-netbook] UART

Baybal Ni nikulinpi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:30:15 BST 2011

Zync will likely be an overkill. What is its price?

Are we looking for 32 bit mcu? PIC32 was long time on my mind, but
it's MIPS core based. This is not bad by itself, but we may be ending
providing support for two architectures at once if we will go with arm
for CPU. It has open toolchain. It also have extensive IO and its
price shouldn't be bigger than a buck in minimal configuration.

STM32, dont know much about it.

Freescale has quite functional and performant M3 based Kinetis MCUs.
Its downside is packaging. It comes in 200+ pins configurations.

There are also atmel 32bit cortex based mcu. Their biggest plus is
that new arduino is based around them.