[Arm-netbook] Marvell Armada and Other ARM Open hardware Software News

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 22:30:24 BST 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Pavel Nikulin <nikulinpi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Keyboard can be driven by very inexpensive controller chip that are
> available at any distributor and are to some degree interchangeable.

 that STM32F is $1.50 off of chinese actions, quantity 1!  and, with a
bit of software, it can be made to do the job, making it hard to
justify adding an extra IC.  when you say "inexpensive", do you mean
$0.20 ?  that would be a little easier to justify.  but if it's a $1
controller, that's almost the same as the STM32F103RBT6 :)

> There are i2c touchpads and TS controllers as well.

 oh good!  that would make life a bit easier.  any ideas on costs on those?

> We can spare 2 ADC inputs for stereo mic, by using digital microphone.

 oh - yes, of course.  i'd forgotten about them.

 but... the STM32F's ADCs, there are 2 of them, _but_, they can do
multiplexing / scanning of multiple input pins (up to 16 each).  so
unless the data rate is particularly high (which audio @ 48khz isn't)
it would be... yeah, it'll be fiiine :)