[Arm-netbook] Beaglebone Respin to Embedded Open Modular Architecture

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 22:56:48 GMT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Bari Ari <bari at onelabs.com> wrote:
> The Beaglebone board size: 3.4" x 2.1"  (86.36mm x 53.34mm) so it's
> already pretty close to the PCMCIA 85mm x 55mm form-factor. I'd just
> have to move a few things around since the connectors and their
> locations are different.

 ah!  you're.. that would be fantastic, bari.  you might find there's
a standard library PCB form-factor for PCMCIA cards: that's actually
the size that's needed.  any connectors will stick out so that their
ends are 7mm beyond the "formal" length of the PCMCIA form-factor.
for goodness sake don't worry about getting the piece of plastic.

 also... oh yes: do give serious consideration to doing a respin of
the IMX53QSB (as well?  instead?) the reason being because it has
SATA-II and that's annoying some people that it's inaccessible.  this
would give people a better option.

the CPUs are pretty much the same, otherwise, the only difference
being what low-level software gets compiled, what you think?

ouah!