[Arm-netbook] $5 Cortex-A8 SoC aims to take on ARM9 in the embedded market

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Mon Oct 31 18:13:11 GMT 2011

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/TI-Sitara-AM335x/

Unless TI decides to close the data sheets these could be a winner. I'd
actually prefer to build a ~$25 module with these since the Raspberry Pi
uses a Broadcom ARM soc with the usual closed docs.

The only areas typically kept kept closed by TI are the 3D libs and
register specs for the PowerVR. Let's see if TI screws this up or if all
the docs stay open. If they stay open and I have time, I'll post all the
design and assembly files for interested board stuffers everywhere to
churn out boards.

-Bari