[Arm-netbook] Allwinner A10 - Expected Tablet Costs and PCIe

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Mon Nov 14 18:34:48 GMT 2011

I didn't notice any PCIe lanes in the specs for the Allwinner A10. Is
the Allwinner A10 PCIe free? The majority of ARM soc's lack a realtime
I/O. An I/O with a interrupt latency response times in the few
microseconds or less. There are very few ARM soc's with PCIe. There have
also attempts at a high speed I/O on ARM soc's but they ended up being
buggy or to slow in production.

Has anyone heard what the expected wholesale tablet prices will be for
tablets using the Allwinner A10 in China? Any idea if the tablets will
have or be capable of using an open bootloader+firmware?

-Bari