[Arm-netbook] "allwinner's A10" codenamed "sun4i crane", linux kernel v2.6.36 patch available

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Sun Nov 13 08:23:20 GMT 2011

Hello Gordan Bobic,

>  The problem is that the "industry" cannot expect to be taken seriously
>  if they exhibit a fire-and-forget attitude. Companies like Marvell and
>  Nvidia are putting a lot of effort into making sure their CPUs are
>  supported in the mainline. In the process of porting RHEL6 to ARM, I
>  have found a LOT of patches from people at Marvell to make various
>  Fedora/RH packages build/work on ARM. A SoC manufacturer that isn't
>  prepared to put in that much effort cannot expect to be taken seriously
>  because it is clear they aren't taking the OSS community seriously. It
>  cuts both ways.

Even if I need a Fscking NDA with Marvel, the support is 1A.

Also I have an Application Engineer from my Distributor which is an  Ex-
Marvel-Employee...  Fortunately he know, what he is talking about!

>  The problem is that it is the end user that gets screwed because they
>  end up with a futureless device.

:-/

>  Try about 10 if you want front-loading 2.5in disks in 1U. 5 if you want
>  the PCMCIA cards to be front-loaded too.

I have a Chinese Manufacturer which build 2"5  Dual-SATA  Racks  in  the
size of a Floppy-Drive. I have disassembled it to use only one SATA-Disk
and put in the place of the second SATA-Drive the PCB.

So, you an get a compact Server including one SATA Disk in the  size  of
WxHxD 100x25x135mm.  However, I will try  to  rebuild  the  outer  frame
(maing it longer) to leave the 2 SATA drives and put the PCB behind  the
SATA Drives.  Also there will be enough place to use SO-DIMM.

This mean, I can use a standard 3U with up to  16  compact  Mini-Servers
and each 2 SATA/SAS Drives.

Any comments?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

               Internet Service Provider, Cloud Computing
                <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems at tdnet                     Jabber  linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Strasse 3                   Tel office: +49-176-86004575
77694 Kehl                          Tel mobil:  +49-177-9351947
Germany                             Tel mobil:  +33-6-61925193  (France)

USt-ID:  DE 278 049 239