[Arm-netbook] 9nov11: progress on allwinner A10

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 12:31:51 GMT 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:

> I still think that putting NAND on for the sake of putting NAND on just
> because it's cheap is a false economy. Given it isn't replaceable, it would
> have to, IMO, offer very substantial performance benefits compared to the
> easily replaceable alternatives (i.e. SD/uSD card).

 i take your point, gordan, but there really is no comparison: up to a
500mhz bus, 8x chip-select lines and 32-bit addressing (not 1x
chip-select and only 50mhz) it's going to scream along so fast, even
with cheap-and-cheerful NAND ICs that i'm actually concerned about
staying within the 3.5 watt passive-cooled power budget.

 let me see what they can get, then get the datasheets, see what
happens ok? if it's rubbish, well these ICs are interchangeable to a
large extent, it's not the end of the world.