[Arm-netbook] "Great China's Firewall" blocking access to A10 SoC

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Nov 8 17:56:45 GMT 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Phil Endecott
<spam_from_debian_arm at chezphil.org> wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>>
>>> Analogue video out is something that I'm using on my i.MX
>>> board, and is nice to have.
>>
>>  oh right, ok.  hm, can you check something for me?  can you find out
>> if the following connectors fit into 53mm?
>>
>>  micro-hdmi
>>  micro-sd
>>  micro usb-otg
>>  3.5mm audio
>>  {insert video jack}
>
> No chance.

 *lol*.  it's a tight fit without the video jack as it is.  it's just
doable, with SMT components.  appx 15mm for micro-hdmi, another 15mm
for micro-sd, 9 for usb-otg and 6 for 3.5mm audio, comes to 45mm, but
that's with no gaps.

>> otherwise, apologies: it'll just have to be on an unpopulated
>> expansion header (with all the other things that don't fit).
>
> Composite video for SD TV-Out would be absolutely fine on a pair of 0.1"
> header pins.  Audio would be fine on headers too.  I would be a bit
> concerned about doing HD component video on pin headers, though it might
> work - but I don't have any need for that, fortunately.

 ok, good stuff.  well, just to re-affirm: the plan is to put
everything not going out via the PCMCIA or front-edge connectors onto
expansion headers just like on the beagleboard etc. so... yeah.