[Arm-netbook] Beaglebone Respin to Embedded Open Modular Architecture

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Tue Nov 1 00:36:14 GMT 2011

On 10/31/2011 05:56 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> also... oh yes: do give serious consideration to doing a respin of the
> IMX53QSB (as well? instead?) the reason being because it has SATA-II
> and that's annoying some people that it's inaccessible. this would
> give people a better option. the CPUs are pretty much the same,
> otherwise, the only difference being what low-level software gets
> compiled, what you think? ouah!
Hmmm, the schematics have the SATA-II interface. Did they not stuff the
connector and 0.01uF caps?

Also the SATA section of the schematic has this note: "Internal SATA
clock reference was confirmed on tapeout TO2.0. Optional parts have been
removed from further production runs." The schematic does not indicate
what parts are "optional". So I really don't know what this means yet.

-Bari