[Arm-netbook] Have anybody ccontacted nufront recently?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:03:58 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Guillaume FORTAINE <gfortaine at live.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Luke should be your primary point of contact for this matter.

 my associates went to visit them a few weeks ago, to approach and
encourage a large distributor.  the distributor is still sorting out
internal politics.

 i'm in touch with a number of other CPU companies as well.

 it's very simple, though: if we had about $10,000 it would be
possible to get at least some sort of system made within about 6
weeks, based around converting an existing laptop chassis (which is
easy to find tooling for, ready-made, down at chinese industrial "flea
markets" as they're called).

 without that "cash up front" i'm having a hard time convincing
chinese OEMs / ODMs to invest in what i and my associates have spent
over a year setting up _but_ sheer numbers of OEMs/ODMs that we've
contacted has resulted in at least some progress there.

 once at least _one_ CPU card is created (according to the simple
design spec) then it's plain sailing from there, because the
"conversion" process - taking an existing laptop / tablet /
whatever-don't-care, or just creating a bare-bones desktop pc chassis
/ plug-computer - is peanuts cost: about $2,000, and that's expensive!
:)

 so, slow progress.  ridiculous, because in the time spent negotiating
it would easily be possible to create 10 entire systems, from scratch,
if the cash was up-front available, and that's if we utilised only one
chinese engineering company.