[Arm-netbook] ARM Laptop : 14'' Nufront Newton (was RE: 1ghz ARM Laptop (12in 1280x800 LCD))

Guillaume FORTAINE gfortaine at live.com
Wed Feb 9 07:48:13 GMT 2011

Hello,

Let me introduce myself : Guillaume FORTAINE, Engineer in Computer Science.

I have read with interest the topic started by Mister Leighton entitled " 1ghz ARM Laptop (12in 1280x800 LCD)" and I would greatly appreciate to share my conclusions with you.

First of all, I would want to mention that except the comments of Mister Sealey, coming from a really smart engineer, everything else seems to belong to a "geeky" dream with a lot of misconceptions too numerous to mention.

But to come back to the "1ghz ARM Laptop" topic :

-12in 1280x800

a) You have already 10.1in screens with 1280x720 resolution support [0]

b) You even have 10.1in screens with 1366x768 resolution support [1]

-1Ghz ARM Laptop

As previously mentioned by Forum Blogarm.net, there is Nufront [2] with their NuSmart 2816 SoC (2x2Ghz Cortex A9, Data Brief in English) [3].

And, if your are lazy, like me, you will directly buy a 14'' Nufront Newton [4] (Rock Yang, yuxin.yang at nufront.com, VP Marketing) [5].

Best Regards,

[0] http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/2011/Acer/Aspire/AspireOneAO522/AspireOneAO522sp2.shtml
[1] http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-duo/pd