[Arm-netbook] 12in laptop story

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 15:57:48 GMT 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:
> El 31/01/11 23:08, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton escribió:
>>
>> oh - one other reason for ruling out "stock" BBxM and pandaboards:
>> 512mb RAM, POP.  insanely expensive, difficult to assemble (requires
>> plasma tooling) and i don't even wanna think about the cost of a 1gb
>> POP RAM chip.
>
> starting a project with an already dying technology (cortex-a8 or older) is
> kind of dumb,

 weelll, not if it fulfils other markets (HDMI out, 1080p video), but
yes i do know what you mean.  i'm presently seeing if phytec can
license their spear1310 system-on-module.

 http://www.phytec.com/news/ZT-Systems-R1801e-Server.html

it might not have HDMI out, it might not even have LCD out, we just
have to see what they say.  it _was_ designed for a server, after all.