[Arm-netbook] Multi-channel audio support

jonsmirl at gmail.com jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 15:35:36 GMT 2011

I went through the datasheet.

The chip does not have:
1) Intel HD audio support (not the same as AC97)
2) S/PDIF output

It does have:
1) Eight high def capable i2s channels (our embedded hardware uses this)
2) Support for slave AC97 CODECs (not a high def solution)

Final option I know of is HDMI audio output.
Does the HDMI output hardware support audio channels?

If HDMI audio output is the only hidef solution, that's not going to
mix well with an LCD. In that case it would make sense to eliminate
the headphone jack and reroute that through the connector. Now the LCD
and stereo audio support can be done together on the external PCB.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com