[Arm-netbook] http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/a10_boot_process/

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri Dec 30 17:36:49 GMT 2011

tor 2011-12-29 klockan 15:56 +0800 skrev Tom Cubie:

> If A10 directly load the u-boot, we will have to add a head to
> u-boot.bin file, this head let brom agree to load a small part of u-boot
> to the sram then jumps to sram. Then the code in sram init sdram and
> loads the other parts of u-boot.bin to sdram. I think maybe we need a
> open source version of boot0, which init the sdram and loads u-boot to
> sdram, and u-boot do all the other things.

That would be great as well.

But I was thinking more along the lines of

boot0 -> boot1 -> uboot

skipping boot.axf only, not the boot0/1 stages.

So instead of

BROM -> boot0 -> boot1 -> boot.axf -> uboot.bin

we have

BROM -> boot0 -> boot1 -> uboot.bin

if the boot0/1 stages can be fully opened up then that's great, and
makes much easier to decide where to draw the line between the different
boot stages, and also allows us to get rid of the need of having a fat
partition for boot

'ä
Regards
Henrik