[Arm-netbook] uh-oh....

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Thu Dec 29 01:36:36 GMT 2011

Hello Gordan Bobic,

> As I mentioned before, if the devkit motherboards were available at a
> reasonable price (Compulab make some Armada 510 boards for an almost
> acceptable $350 (I personally find an extra $100 on top of a D2Plug
> price tag to be worth it for ATX form factor, extra PCI/PCIe slots and
> an extra gigabit ethernst port), but you first have to have a $900 dev
> kit (which includes a mobo and a year's worth of support). Having a
> higher speed dual core processor would be great.

1800 Euro for the Discovery MV78200
2600 Euro for the Armada 300

But then, you get ALL, including techsupport from your Distributor, like
SILICA or MEMEC (both AVNET Companies), of choice and Marvel!

> Won't the GPU suck up an unreasonable amount of power? What are you
> planning to use?

YES!  The smallest PCIe GPU I have found is consumimng at least 12 Watt.
And you know, upwards is nearly no limit!

I am waiting for an Open Source FPGA based graphic chip  :-D

> Gordan

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

               Internet Service Provider, Cloud Computing
                <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems at tdnet                     Jabber  linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Strasse 3                   Tel office: +49-176-86004575
77694 Kehl                          Tel mobil:  +49-177-9351947
Germany                             Tel mobil:  +33-6-61925193  (France)

USt-ID:  DE 278 049 239