[Arm-netbook] u-boot for A10

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Mon Dec 26 03:01:14 GMT 2011

On 12/25/2011 08:13 PM, Tom Cubie wrote:

> i have pushed a new branch 'lichee-dev' to the tree. Currently
> lichee-dev support sun4i and sun5i, it breaks all other machines in
> the branch :( because we used a private nand lib which support many
> types of nand flash. The same nand lib used in the allwinner linux
> kernel, to be compatible with the current system(packaging, flashing
> image etc...), we keep it. I think in the future we will need to write
> the mtd nand driver and change the nand to mtd.
>
> To build u-boot for A10, run 'make sun4i CROSS_COMPILE=
> arm-linux-gnueabi-' in the u-boot directory.
>
> http://git.rhombus-tech.net/?p=u-boot.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/lichee-dev

Are there instructions for flashing u-boot somewhere? I know we don't
have hardware yet but does the A10 have options for where the init and
bootloader are stored or expected to be after reset via pin-straps or is
it hardwired?

The flashrom folks might be interested in supporting this as well since
this project should be very popular soon.

-Bari