[Arm-netbook] u-boot for A10

Tom Cubie tangliang at allwinnertech.com
Mon Dec 26 02:13:42 GMT 2011

On 12/23/2011 07:36 PM, Philip Hands wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:57:17 +0000, lkcl luke<luke.leighton at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Tom Cubie<tangliang at allwinnertech.com>  wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>      Currently i'm working on u-boot for sunxi(sun4i,sun5i) at
>>> allwinner. The port is based on u-boot 2011.9-rc1 and nand usb and mmc
>>> card driver is working. The code is GPL. But contains some nasty code,
>>> need to do some cleanning. I want to put the tree public, let other
>>> people access it and use it. Where should i put it? Can i put it in the
>>> arm-netbook repository?
>>   achh, in preparation for exactly this, i have a project pending
>> approval on alioth for u-boot, but i still haven't heard back yet, and
>> it's been well over a week.  the arm-netbook repository can only take
>> one git repo (there's a 1-1 relationship).
> Erm, there already is an alioth u-boot repo, but never mind that for the
> moment, we can sort that out later.
>
>>   phil, would you mind setting up a gitolite repository named "u-boot"
>> on free, adding also a domain name "git.rhombus-tech.net"?
> Here's one I prepared earlier  ;-)
>
>    http://git.hands.com/u-boot
>
> (which is now also available as http://git.rhombus-tech.net/u-boot,
> although I'm not sure if that makes things clearer or more confusing)
>
>>   tom could you send me an ssh public key (and phil) just in case phil
>> says "yes"? :)
> That's added.
>
> FYI the branches that currently exist there are:
>
>    master -- that's the master branch from Clint Adam's packaging of
>    u-boot for Debian, as found on alioth:
>
>      http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/u-boot.git;a=summary
>
>    denx -- the upstream source, from here:
>
>      http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=summary
>
>    patch-queue/master and lbwf-kludges -- don't worry about these,
>    they're just some trivial patches done for a client of mine.
>
> Tom, feel free to branch off whichever of those makes most sense, or use
> what you already have, and create a new branch for your work.
>
> If anything's unclear about that, feel free to ask any questions you
> like -- don't worry about breaking things, gitolite will stop you doing
> much damage, and if manage to get past that somehow I have copies
> elsewhere I can restore from.
>
> Cheers, Phil.
>
> P.S. Luke, I've added your key to that repo too.

i have pushed a new branch 'lichee-dev' to the tree. Currently
lichee-dev support sun4i and sun5i, it breaks all other machines in the
branch :( because we used a private nand lib which support many types of
nand flash. The same nand lib used in the allwinner linux kernel, to be
compatible with the current system(packaging, flashing image etc...), we
keep it. I think in the future we will need to write the mtd nand driver
and change the nand to mtd.

To build u-boot for A10, run 'make sun4i CROSS_COMPILE=
arm-linux-gnueabi-' in the u-boot directory.

http://git.rhombus-tech.net/?p=u-boot.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/lichee-dev