[Arm-netbook] crowd sourcing proposal

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 22:51:10 GMT 2011

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Bari Ari <bari at onelabs.com> wrote:

> I'm also working with some new OLED fluids for inkjet printing panels.
> This would really be a good market for low cost, low power simple
> panels. I'll see how this works out in the next few weeks.

 ah - OLEDs use rare earth metals (because they emit nice bright
colours when excited).  the problem is that they are highly
unreactive.  it is *believed* that the application of a current
doesn't "do anything".  but, logically, of course it bloody well does:
the current causes the rare earth metals to move!  and, unfortunately,
because they're "unreactive" they quite happily move... and keep
moving.

 bottom line is: OLED panels above a certain size are subject to
quantum effects that result in the picture fading from the middle
outwards.  small panels: no problem.  big ones: oops...

 ok, if there are _new_ OLED fluids they _might_ be a bit more cooperative :)