[Arm-netbook] Allwinner A10: Other distro support and possibly newer kernels

Neo The User neotheuser at ymail.com
Sun Dec 25 20:34:18 GMT 2011

Hello! I would like to help the software development team for the Allwinner A10. I see that on the kernel compilation page, you only offer support for compiling software on Debian, using the emdebian toolchain. I would like to make development easier for other people on other Linux distributions who would like to get their feet wet. This would then expand the project to a larger audience. I can provide documentation on how to build on other systems such as HOWTOs and whatnot.

I would also like to help on the programming side of things. Do the developers have plans on working with other kernels such as post-2.6.36 or will code be mainly focused on fixing or adding features to the 2.6.36 kernel for the Allwinner A10?

The Allwinner A10 looks very promising and I would like to know what the developers might want help with or need assistance doing. I'm not a heavily experienced C programmer but I would like to contribute to the project.

Thanks!

-Alec Ari