[Arm-netbook] Sources for Lychee

Derek LaHousse dlahouss at mtu.edu
Sun Dec 25 18:43:36 GMT 2011

I walked the menuconfig, for the sun4i build.  This is the list of modules
which seem to support the allwinner reference board.  I believe this is the
list necessary to clean up for mainline submission, and it's been mentioned
before that these modules are the best reference for what the chip can do.

- System Type ->
 - proc_v7 - initialization code for memory manager, interrupts
 - Allwinner System Configure ->
  - Physical Base Address: 0x43000000
  - Memory Reserved in KB: 75776
  - Support ARM V6K extensions
- Networking Support ->
 - RF Switch Subsystem ->
  - Softwinner rfkill module support
- Device Drivers ->
 - Block Devices ->
  - SUN4I Nandflash driver
 - Misc Devices ->
  - Vibrator sun4i
 - Serial ATA ->
  - Softwinner Platform AHCI ATA Support
 - Network Device ->
  - 10/100 ->
   - wemac(sun4i)
 - Character Devices ->
  - Serial port Support ->
   - SW serial support
  - DCC tty driver (not sure about this one)
  - SUN4i G2D
 - I2C Drivers ->
  - I2C Hardware Support ->
   - SUN4I I2C bus driver
 - SPI Support ->
  - SUN4I SPI controller
 - Multimedia Support ->
  - CEDAR driver for sun4i
  - CSI Driver Config for sun4i
  - ace modlue manage clock [sic]
  - pa mamage config [sic]
 - Graphics Support ->
  - HDMI Driver Support (sun4i)
  - DISP Driver Support (sun4i)
  - LCD Driver Support (sun4i)
 - Sound card -> ALSA for SoC ->
  - APB On-Chip Codec
  - HDMI Audio for sun4i
  - sun4i on-chip SPDIF
  - SoC i2s interface
 - USB ->
  - Softwinner SUN4I USB Host Controller support (and sub-options)
  - SUN4I USB2.0 Dual Role Controller support (and sub-menu)
 - MMC/SD/SDIO ->
  - SW SUN4I Card Interface support
  - SW Card Power Management support
 - RTC ->
  - sun4i rtc driver

On the naming side, could someone clarify the relationships between Softwinner,
Allwinner, Softwinner University, "the factory we're working with"?  What about
the name of the architecture vs. the name of the dev board vs. the name of the
CPU-card?

Thanks,
-ManoftheSea