[Arm-netbook] ARM Machine type?

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Fri Dec 23 20:25:07 GMT 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 14:52, Derek LaHousse <dlahouss at mtu.edu> wrote:
> |The machine type number is obtained via the ARM Linux website Machine
> |Registry. A machine type should be obtained as early in a projects life
> |as possible, it has a number of ramifications for the kernel port
> |itself (machine definitions etc.) and changing definitions afterwards
> |may lead to a number of undesirable issues. These values are
> |represented by a list of defines within the kernel source
>
> I note the machine type in the source, 3063 and 3064, aren't in the
> machine registry.  Or rather they are, as something else.
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/
>
> Does the A10 already have a number, just not under the same name as the
> arm-netbook posted sources?  Is this something that lkcl or alejandro
> should do?

I arbitrarily set them to 4063 and 4064 and haven't registered
anything yet. I have now idea how is this usually done, I'm making the
split/port to learn how to do it :) I don't even know yet what's that
file/value used for :p so any hint is highly welcomed.

currently I'm on vacations with my children and I'm replying from a
McDonald's. I'll resume this work the 29th.