[Arm-netbook] Planned boot process?

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 14:32:10 GMT 2011

2011/12/23 Henrik Nordström <henrik at henriknordstrom.net>:
> fre 2011-12-23 klockan 01:00 +0000 skrev lkcl luke:
>
>>  fantastic.  well, the one thing that's missing is documentation.  if
>> allwinner is willing to provide documentation - *without* requiring an
>> NDA - then i think you will automatically find that there are people
>> willing to work with you.
>
> To be specific there needs to be a "programmers reference" documenting
> the CPU and included peripherals to the level that drivers can be
> maintained.

 that's what's available.  it is nothing like as comprehensive as TI's
documentation or Samsung's documentation.  really - the linux kernel
source code and u-boot source code are actually more complete,
relevant and authoritative.  this is pretty normal, and we should
assist allwinner to improve it *without* taking up their valuable time
doing so.