[Arm-netbook] Planned boot process?

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri Dec 23 14:00:07 GMT 2011

fre 2011-12-23 klockan 01:00 +0000 skrev lkcl luke:

>  fantastic.  well, the one thing that's missing is documentation.  if
> allwinner is willing to provide documentation - *without* requiring an
> NDA - then i think you will automatically find that there are people
> willing to work with you.

To be specific there needs to be a "programmers reference" documenting
the CPU and included peripherals to the level that drivers can be
maintained.

It does not need to be a fully complete reference. It's also
complemented by the published kernel source. But it needs to be at the
level that the kernel (and preferably uboot as well) source can be
understood why things are done the way they are.

It does not need to contain any hardware documentation, i.e. any
electical I/O details etc. If it does then that's a plus. Nor does it
need to contain any documentation on IP blocks for which you do not want
to see Linux support developed or maintained in the community.

Regards
Henrik