[Arm-netbook] preorder and roadmap clarification

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Thu Dec 22 01:09:48 GMT 2011

Luke,

Really appreciate what you are doing here, it sounds great, and I hope
it works out - it's just that unfortunately this won't quite fit my
requirements until after the PCMCIA base board has a working u-boot and
kernel, and there is a working motherboard (that breaks out at least
ethernet, USB and console of some sort (VGA/DVI/HDMI or serial).

I added my pre-order entry as such.

I would like to know more about when exactly the plan is to have such a
motherboard that would make this card usable for some kind of a
production task.

 From what I understand at the moment, the plan is for a bare PCMCIA
card powered off USB via a USB break-out cable with nothing else. Can
you clarify (or at least make a hopeful guess) whether this is the case
and when a basic u-ATX format motherboard with the mentioned ports might
be available?

Gordan