[Arm-netbook] order_processing.py

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 01:08:00 GMT 2011

ok, i've written an order processing python script:
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/order_processing.py

it takes what people have said is the maximum budget and maximum unit
price, starts off with a zero cost (ok, $0.0001), then goes "ok, how
many at $0.0001?" and then goes "ok, the unit price would beee....
this much!  how many now?" repeat until numbers are the same for two
successive enquiries.

adding in the NREs of $USD 2,000 and assuming additional component
costs for a small order of $30 per unit, amazingly we have 30 people
willing to buy alpha-level boards according to the script, and the
cost is $96 per unit.  if i reduce that to $25 per order it comes to
$91.67 per unit.

for "beta" boards, just for laughs i ran it with $0 NREs (because the
NREs would be zero by then, because of the alpha-level people) and i
put in a unit cost of $35 and that came to 40 people.  at $25 it was
51 people.

anyway: the script's there, ready for when things progress, which will
be in about a week, and i can get things clarified.  hopefully before
then we'll have more people on board - the more the merrier.

btw, in case people aren't aware: china doesn't recognise the national
christian holiday known as "christmas" :)