[Arm-netbook] Wifi

Ken Phillis Jr kphillisjr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 08:12:27 GMT 2011

I personally agree that wireless networking is a must. I know that the
wireless chip have USB, SPI, and UART as the main interfaces for the
wifi chip to connect to the SOC.

The SPI and UART wifi chips are fairly common place, and generally
should be easy to implement, and these free up an USB port, while also
increasing the speed of the network connection.

The USB based wifi chip is also common, however it'll take one of the
ports that is not used for USB OTG. I personally think having good OTG
usage is key, because it can be turned into an tty interface to the
boot loader, or as a runtime debugger like what is seen on android
devices. I doubt this interface would be a problem, because it's cheap
enough to integrate a usb hub into the device to add more chips into
the device, or to allow for more devices to be connected directly.

I personally think an SPI or UART based chip are the better choices.