[Arm-netbook] Wifi

jonsmirl at gmail.com jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 15:03:24 GMT 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM, jonsmirl at gmail.com <jonsmirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> You're looking at a thermostat targeted for under $100 retail.

On the left side there is a LCD connector. It has a 3.5in color LCD
with touchscreen.

When finished it will look something like this one from another vendor...
http://www.ecobee.com/

Connectors are expensive. It is best to eliminate them where possible.
For example I doubt if anyone other than a hobbyist will use your RGB
LCD connection because of the need to make another PCB with two
connectors on it. We have a connector on the PCB currently but later
the LCD will be soldered directly to the PCB.

The unit is based on a LPC3130 and runs Linux.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com