[Arm-netbook] rhombus-tech wiki page for allwinner a10 kernel compile

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:08:35 GMT 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 7:19 AM, Juan Carlos Mendez
<jcmendez at locatel.biz> wrote:
> Luke,
>
>  Again I've tried to compile the complie the kernel following step by
> step as indicated in the previous post but still it fails.

 use the ones i described on the wiki page.

> On the other hand, I've got a version that seem to compile correctly
> (... but the 'make menuconfig' still not working ... )

 yeah i didn't do that - i just ran the script, kept my finger down on
the return key and it answered all the questions.  i'm sure there's a
way to stop that from happening - "cp ..../.../.../sun4i_defconfig
.config" is probably missing from somewhere in the scripts.  or, more
to the point, doing that would obviously interfere with development,
so is Bad Practice.

> to upload to a repository

 great.  join alioth.debian.org and send me the username (it'll end
with -guest unless you are a debian developer).

> Also  I made a patch against a vanilla linux kernel 2.6.36 version.  It
> is about 25 Mb compressed

 excellent!