[Arm-netbook] ARM summit at Plumbers 2011

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 21:28:40 BST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> wrote:

> so... whilst this may sound strange, i do have to say it: if you'd
> like to spearhead a project that recommends to people that they buy
> expensive ARM-based equipment that retails for far more than
> equivalent x86 hardware, or if you'd like to spearhead a project that
> recommends to people that they buy low-cost equipment that doesn't
> actually fulfil their needs, please feel free to do so, but please,
> with respect, please keep _this_ list free from such recommendations
> at this critical stage of the project.  we have been over these kinds
> of products (in both undesirable categories), a number of times
> already, over the past 18 months since this list was started.

 ok - mark: you may have noticed that i was finding it somewhat
challenging to ensure that irritation at what you'd written did not
get transmitted through.  perhaps instead i should be listening to
you, and, when the factory i'm engaged with manage to create a product
with a BOM of say $100, i _should_, just like apple and all other
large corporations, make sure that it retails for $300 and above! :)

 just to make sure that people actually value it properly.

i dunno... what do you think? :)