[Arm-netbook] Single-Core Cortex A9 1ghz, ECC DDR3 RAM available soon

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Aug 18 15:21:04 BST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:

>>  so it depends what's more important to the freedombox foundation.  to
>> put out a message that it's "ok that CPU Manufacturers are
>> dishonourable and only provide information under NDA, and we, the
>> FreedomBox Foundation fully and actively support and endorse this
>> behaviour, as evidenced by our supply of units to our Sponsors".
>
> I wouldn't call the behaviour you describe as dishonourable, merely business
> limiting

 right.  just as the 90% GPL violations rate on android tablets is not
"dishonourable", merely "business limiting"
 http://www.codon.org.uk/~mjg59/android_tablets/

 [that's not me being sarcastic, btw].

> (or at least it should be, contrary to the example we are
> discussing here). I can understand the moreal-hazard aspect of your
> argument, though.

 it's about leading by example [ghandi: "be the change you want to see
in the world"].

 if the FreedomBox Foundation holds to certain principles, to respect
Software Freedom, how the f*** does it look if the FreedomBox
Foundation does not uphold those principles itself??  what message
does that send to the world?