[Arm-netbook] imxcommunity.org

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Mon Apr 4 16:43:56 BST 2011

Hello Gordan Bobic,

> I don't think iMX515 is too bad as far as Cortex A8 goes. If that's not
> enough you will quite rapidly find yourself in the A9 territory with the
> associated price increases.

I have some "pro" aps where an A8 goes down and this  is  WHY  I  use  a
Discovery MV78200 and an Armada 300

> You could always split off the touchscreen and get a USB one separately

Not possibel in a "pro" TabletPC...

> from the LCD. There are very few < 10in panels that do more than
> 800x480. If you can ever find any, they'll be _expensive_.

I know...

> StorageOptions' 7in Scroll is very thin - about half the thickness of a
> 7in Flytouch. The 7in X5A has a much narrower bezel around the screen
> than the other two, but it is thicker (but you do get a full sized USB
> port, though).

Are they schock resistent from 90cm, dust- and water-proof? ;-)

This is WHY my tablet PC is arround 20-25mm. Also the LiPoly Pack  (44W)
is much larger then from an iPad and  such...  Currently  I  us  only  a
chinese type and it has already 40% more capacity than my old distrbutor
but using Panasonic or equivaents would increase the capacity again  25W
at the same size... but these are custom build and VERY costly (->Apple)

> Of course, none of the these have a Cortex A in them
> (they are all in the < £100 range), so they will also be slower than an
> iMX515...
>
> I guess it depends on what exacly your requirements are.

Format of an A5 Book with 20-25mm thickness and the maximum you get into
this pack.  :-D   And believe it, I have customers for it, even if it is
more expensive then a iPad or my Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android 2.2)  which
I currently try to hack to get Debian natively installed!

Android 3.0 is the last crap on earth because its restrictions...
Writing drivers for Android inside the SDK is braindamaged.

> Gordan

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems at tdnet France EURL       itsystems at tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de