[Arm-netbook] SD card issue

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Mon Mar 29 02:19:35 BST 2010

There's something really weird with the recognition of the NAND and
external SD card in the kernel.

If no external SD card is inserted, then the NAND is not recognized...

I tried booting an installed system without external SD card inserted today
and the system ended up just sitting there with "Waiting for root
device /dev/mmcblk0p2...".
After I inserted the external SD card, the NAND was suddenly recognized,
but *not* the external card: /dev/ only shows mmcblk0.

This helps explain why the system goes into shock when the external card is
ejected. It looks as if the identification is crossed somewhere even
though the device allocation ends up correctly.

If I boot with external SD card inserted, then both are recognized and
available.